Community Forum

Recent XB6 bridge mode failures

Frequent Visitor

Recent XB6 bridge mode failures

In the last few days I have experienced two separate occasions in which my ASUS router (AC3200) which is behind the XB6 in bridge mode, is no longer able to get or renew a DHCP address, knocking everything in my house offline. Unplugging/resetting both the XB6 and the ASUS does -not- restore normal operation. The only thing that does fix things is to connect to the XB6 in admin mode, turn bridge mode off, and then back on again, and then normal operation is restored - for a while. The XB6 doesn’t seem to have any visible indication of problems when it’s in this condition, and is able to see the network on its own with no problems, and the digital phone connected to it continues to work normally even while the internet connection through the bridge has failed.

This is a new problem that I’ve never seen before in over a year of use of the XB6 (Arris), so I’m wondering whether a recent software update could possibly have been released and introduced a bug.
Official Employee

Re: Recent XB6 bridge mode failures

Greetings, GeminiGuy! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with bridge mode. It's certainly is frustrating when you need to go in and slightly reset everything up. I would like to look into this and see what could be going on. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Recent XB6 bridge mode failures

Hi GeminiGuy, glad we were able to find an offer that works better for you. This thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to create another post if you need assistance with anything else.

Thank you for being a valued customer and thank you for participating in our community!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!