Community Forum

Receiving Less Than Half Speed

New Poster

Receiving Less Than Half Speed

Greetings all,

We've recently moved in to a new home and setup Xfinity with 150 mbps service. We're a household of engineers, so we've purchased the Arris SB8200 modem. A few days after the service was setup, we ran the speed test direct linked to the modem and we get between 30-50 mbps down. Not exactly close to 150.

The previous owners had xfinity as well, could it be possible the pipe is sending down their service speed instead of ours?

Thanks,

<Edited: removed personal information, name.>

Official Employee

Re: Receiving Less Than Half Speed

Hi @user1014

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forum. Sorry for the experience you're having. I can investigate your speed issues. Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can check your signals, and the node to see if I'm able to isolate a cause? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Receiving Less Than Half Speed

Hi @user1014

I hope all is well. Because I wasn't able to confirm whether or not your issue has been resolved, this thread will now be locked. If you are still having issues, please contact me in our private message and I will continue to assist you. Thanks. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!