Hello, I'm having issues with my wireless connection speed. I can't stream video, there seems to be buffering issues every 30 seconds. When I ran the speed test multiple times it came back with download speeds of .68-1.5 mbps. I'm using a motorola sb6121 modem and a belkin n150 router. Not using a coax splitter or anything. According to the modem it has a 38db signal to noise ratio. Hope someone can help, thanks.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I think I've got it working correctly now. I did some digging and a lot of forums recommended changing the network type from 802.11n to 802.11g. After doing this I ran a speed test using the router and was getting 23mbps download speeds. It seems counterintuitive as "n" is supposed to be the new, faster type but whatever works. For those with the belkin n150, you change this under the "network name" setting when in the router's dashboard (http://router).