Community Forum

Re: getting redirected to the Xfinity activation page

New Poster

I am having this same problem on 2 different laptops. Doesn't matter what browser I use. It happens a lot when do a search and then click on the hyperlink that should take me to the page I want. Instead of going to the page, it takes me to the activation page.

Expert

Try calling 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to completely remove the modem from your account and to "re-provision" it from scratch. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have this same issue and the tech on the phone could not fix it despite reprovisioning the cable modem. This started happening the day I received a new Arris SB8200 cable modem. Based off of the last thread, in which several other people had the same issue, it sounds like this is something systemic to getting a new cable modem set up on xfinity.