Community Forum

Re: Xfinity WiFi On Demand (Hotspot) Down Since 06/15/19 in 22202

Regular Visitor

@ComcastMorgan Hello, I am also recently having a problem with xfinity hotspots (both "xfinitywifi" and "XFINITY"). Both have previously worked consistently for the past year, but suddenly stopped. The "xfinitywifi" is showing an error message saying no IP address, and the "XFINITY" hotspot shows full connection, but I am unable to browse. 

Official Employee

Good morning, TB2020. Appreciate you posting and providing the detail around your situation. That is odd that your ability to connect to these hotspots suddenly stopped. Do you use our Xfinity WiFi app at all, or do you generally connect to these hotspots manually?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hello! Over the past year I had never used the xfinity app before (I connected manually) but I also tried to download that to see if the hotspots would work but this did not help
Official Employee

Good to know. Have you been able to duplicate this issue on another device, or have you just confirmed it has happened on one device in particular?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Yes, The issue is on multiple devices. I am able to successfully connect to other hotspot locations
Official Employee

OK. May I have the location for the hotspots that you're experiencing difficulties with? You're welcome to send it to me in a private message. 

Official Employee

TB2020, glad you're able to connect again! Post again if you need anything. Thanks for being a valued customer!