Community Forum

Re: Xfinity Gigabit Modem

New Poster

The C7800 with 3.01.38 firmware has broken 2.4 WIFI.  You'll notice there are millions of collisions over time and devices disconnect frequently.  It's basically unusable.  The C7800 is a BUYER BEWARE item on this firmware on Xfinity.  Comcast hasn't deployed new firmware in months and has not resolved this issue to my knowledge.  Xfinity tech support told me this.  I bought two of these and cannot return them since it's past the return window.   Both my locations expereinced this issue on 2.4 WIFI.  I replaced them with two Netgear X6S routers and Arris modems and the issue is completely gone.  I now own $800 in useless gear that is still showing as Comcast compatible.

Official Employee

Hello Nikoman. Thank you for creating this post and sharing your experiencing with that owned modem model. If you need any assistance with testing your modem on our service,  I can help with reactivation and troubleshooting. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi Nikoman. Since we didn't see a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!