Community Forum

Re: Xfi Advanced Gateway intermittently drops Wifi

Regular Visitor

How do you separate the 2 bands? I have to restart my Advanced Gateway multiple times a day. Reading this thread, I wonder if that would correct my problem.

Expert

Knowledge Base Article. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, Sandibf! I'm glad you reached out to us with this concern. 

You will want to access the admin settings of your gateway by visiting 10.0.0.1 from a web browser.

Once you've logged in you will want to look under Connections and find WiFi. Under that section you should see options to edit the individual names of each network. 

Please give that a try and let us know if that works. If you are still having troubles or this doesn't resolve the connection issues you are having, I would be more than happy to take a closer look.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Sandibf, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope the information we provided helped you to manage your network settings so they better fit your needs, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.