Community Forum

Re: XFinity compatible modem with voice: Netgear CM1150V

New Poster

So i purchased this modem on Monday from my local best buy. I called to have the device added to my account a customer owened device in advance <Edited> on Wednesday I was told I could swap the XB6 out for the CM1150V. Once I had the device plugged in I called 800Comcast and asked to have the device provisioned. At the time the internet was provisoned first and working, I was able to log into the device with address 192.168.100.0 and browse the internet. I was then transfeered to the digital voice department to have the voice provisoned, once that was done the internet went out and I was unable to log into the device again, as a matter of fact I can only log into the device when I reboot it and before the device comes all the way up. I was told by tech support to take the device back to the store as it was defective.

I replaced the device with a new device and it did the exact same thing. I was told again that the issue is not with any configurations on Comcast side but there is a hardware issue with the device. I do find that hard to believe with two seperate devices. Has anyone had any success with getting this device to work?

Highlighted
Expert

Online activation didn't work?

I plugged mine in, took a few minutes, went through the walled garden activation process, and afterwards it worked fine.

What's the issue currently? No internet?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

For me the issue was that it lost connection or rebooted every 30 minutes and sometimes took up to 15 to come back online. Finally went to Xfinity and got an older modem and it works fine. I'm at 300/11 so I'm good for now, apparently we do not have gigabit service in my neck yet. Thought maybe it was a Docsis 3.1 issue. The new XFi modem they initially gave me didn't work either. Then I bought the Netgear.
Contributor

And my activation said it worked. I could see it in my account. It just couldn't maintain a connection