Community Forum

Re: X5001 Gateway Manual and other questions

New Poster

August14,2019 San Mateo CA, new install. Have not found any info on accessing X5001.  Was interested in how to access. Was able to get to unit using the gateway address 10.0.0.1, but do not know the “user name”. Tried the “admin” and password on the x5001, did not work and unit locks up after 3 tries.

Very little info on line. Comcast wants you to use their online site to setup the X5001. 

@x5001

Expert

Was the access password ever changed ? If so,  you’ll have to reset it back to factory defaults by depressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds. The the default of password will work again.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

@Konachan wrote:

August14,2019 San Mateo CA, new install. Have not found any info on accessing X5001.  Was interested in how to access. Was able to get to unit using the gateway address 10.0.0.1, but do not know the “user name”. Tried the “admin” and password on the x5001, did not work and unit locks up after 3 tries.

Very little info on line. Comcast wants you to use their online site to setup the X5001. 

@x5001

This the only manual or info I have found so far on X5001. It is for a Pace D5001. 

https://setuprouter.com/router/pace/d5001/

New Poster

Will resetting affect Xfinity’s online access to the settings on the X5001?  

Currently all changes on the X5001  (Wi-Fi, firewall, port forwarding, etc) are made through the Xfinity website interface.  

Highlighted
Expert

You shouldn't trust that guide as your gateway has the default Comcast firmware installed.

Assuming you mean a local reset using the recessed button in the back, note that this will affect the gateway only, your xFi online access will remain the same.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!