Community Forum

Re: WiFi very slow .. Comcast can't fix it .. here is what happened >

New Poster

Comcast keeps blaming slow download speeds on modems but I have tried two new ones and the problem is the same- 50mbps. One was suppose to be do 400 and the other 1000.  

Regular Contributor

Try to access your cable modem, and get the signal stats and post them here as a sort of screen shot.

Expert

@bobwattsi wrote:

Comcast keeps blaming slow download speeds on modems but I have tried two new ones and the problem is the same- 50mbps. One was suppose to be do 400 and the other 1000.  

Try calling 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to completely remove the modem from your account and to "re-provision" it from scratch. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete and that the correct configuration / bootfile for your subscribed to speed tier is being pushed to the modem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

bobwattsi,

@bobwattsi wrote:

Try calling 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to completely remove the modem from your account and to "re-provision" it from scratch. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete and that the correct configuration / bootfile for your subscribed to speed tier is being pushed to the modem.

I can take care of this for you! I can also check to make sure there isn't any maintenance going on in your area that is causing the connectivity issues as well! Just drop me a private message with your full name to get started. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Same thing here, the hotter it gets outside, the slower my speed gets, until I cant get any internet. They have been to my house four times, costing me time off of work. I asked them to hook up a test modem to prove to me it was my modem, they said they couldn't do that. I am going to pull the plug <Edited>, and go with century link.