Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Re: WiFi light on modem is rapidly flashing.

New Poster

I have checked and everything is secure.  I have unplugged modem and waited, then plugged back in.  Light is still blinking.  When I have logged in with IPAD, service is weak and sometimes I cannot get pictures to send.  Please help.

Accepted Solutions
Problem Solver

A blinking light on the Gateway is not going to cause issues with speed decreasing.  Portable devices like Smartphones & tablets are known to not show true connection speeds.  Something else is going on, if your device is taking a long time to do stuff, while connected to the wifi network you are on.

Most public hotspots are intentially slowed down, to keep users from hogging bandwidth.  If you are using your own LAN, and no one has made any changes to the Network, by using a Proxy, or having you go through a third party Access Point.  You are paying for say 25 meg down and Comcast sees that as what you are getting from your modem to their system, you should again have no issues going online.

All Replies
New Poster

LIke other comments, the fourth light down (WiFi) rapidly blinks. Several days ago, both my internet and phone line went off-line. Comcast reset the modem and everything works o\k now. But this blinking light still persists. Is this normal? Or am I missing something I should be doing (or not doing)?

New Poster

Experiencing the same problem here. Blinking WIFI light on my Comcast/Xfinity ARRIS TG862 router (home). Is hindering performance of devices trying to use my home wifi--smart phone, etc. A reply from one of Comcast's experts would be helpful - e.g. is this a temporary issue Comcast is aware of; if so how long before wifi back to normal? Thanks.

Problem Solver

A blinking light on the Gateway is not going to cause issues with speed decreasing.  Portable devices like Smartphones & tablets are known to not show true connection speeds.  Something else is going on, if your device is taking a long time to do stuff, while connected to the wifi network you are on.

Most public hotspots are intentially slowed down, to keep users from hogging bandwidth.  If you are using your own LAN, and no one has made any changes to the Network, by using a Proxy, or having you go through a third party Access Point.  You are paying for say 25 meg down and Comcast sees that as what you are getting from your modem to their system, you should again have no issues going online.

New Poster

I am having the same problem. Our wifi needs to be constantly rebooted I suspect it might be due to a splitter somewhere
Regular Contributor

From a publication titled Touchstone TG862 Telephony Gateway User's Guide: Indicator Lights for the TG862: WiFi On=WiFI enabled  Off=WiFi Disabled Flash= Computer Activity. So if the computer is doing anything the light will flash just like a hard drive activity light.

New Poster

I bought a new printer and this new one is a Wifi.  Perhaps I pushed a wrong button (the WPS button?) when I shouldn't have or did some other action because now my Wifi light is blinking rapidly.  Any suggestions for a fix?