Community Forum

Re: Why is Comcast blocking access to an IP address?

Regular Visitor

There is something really wrong with this Comcast router big time… I set it up in bridge mode but before I did this I disabled both WIFI ports… After rebooting after setting it up in bridge mode both LED lights were off which is what it’s suppose to do… Later that evening Comcast rebooted the router for some reason and now those lights are blinking… Last my home linksys router is setup on a 192.168 subnet but I can still connect and login to the Comcast router wirelessly using 10.0.0.1… I’m sorry but this is not suppose to happen!!! No matter what I do those wireless lights will not stop blinking… Any advice is appreciated and I think I’m going to purchase my own router that will work with Comcast because I’m tired of this stuff with Comcastand their router… I’m tired of paying for a router for a service that theirs!!!! It’s just like their TV service why do they charge for using devices for their service? Very unethical!!!!

Expert

You could try this method;

Try using xfinity xFi to change settings around. You can either download the app or go to https://internet.xfinity.com and navigate to Network > Advanced Settings.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I appreciate the reply but this has to be a bad router/gateway… Even in bridge mode I can login to the Xfinity Router wirelessly and this should not happen whatsoever mainly when I’m a totally different subnet within my home network… So I’ve decided I’m going to purchase my own Router/Gateway that is DOCSIS 3 compatible soido not get charged such an unethical rental fee… This way Comcast won’t be able to go into my router/gateway and mess things up… 

Expert

That would be my choice. Smiley Wink Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!