Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: Where do I find if my Xfinity has rolled out the D3.1

Regular Visitor

I was in a support chat last night and the CSR told me gigabit speeds are available in my area despite the link above saying "Gig speeds are coming shortly." 

I'd need a new modem for GB speeds (mine doesn't even go to 200)  so testing it is an expensive endeavor. (I prefer to own my own modem.)

Any chance he's right? Any way to confirm?

Expert

Hi @trianglebell,

An employee can check this for you and give you a solid answer. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Regular Visitor

That's the problem: I was talking to an employee and he assured me that it was available. But the web page says it isn't. How do I verify without buying a new modem and testing it myself?

Edit: I just saw you'd flagged a pro. Thanks.

Expert

@trianglebell wrote:

That's the problem: I was talking to an employee and he assured me that it was available. But the web page says it isn't. How do I verify without buying a new modem and testing it myself?

Unless you have a DOCSIS 3.1 signal level meter, you can't.  Perhaps an option for you would be to go ahead and order it and let them install it with Comcast's equipment? Once it's installed, you could then purchase your own modem. 

Regular Visitor

I have performance pro from Comcast which is 150 MPS

My Dr WiFi app on mobile just tested at 165

Telstra app tested at 118

Official Employee

Hello trianglebell. I can help review your account eligibility for D3.1 Gigabit Internet availability at your location. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.