Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Re: What is this: XFSETUP-D99C

New Poster

In reply to Chitown51: Seems like some folks here are slower on the uptake than some others, I'm sure you're the right person to talk to. In my case  I never ran the setup program, hooked it up, logged in manually and did my own settings. I still show the hidden network, an xfinity wifi open network and my trusty (not so) old AC1900 router's 2.4g and 5g networks (the ones I prefer to use since I can administer my two ham radio subnets all from my main computer along with my networked through the router backup drives). If I have a question it's "How do I get rid of the hidden setup network?"

Expert

JohnPR wrote:

In reply to Chitown51: Seems like some folks here are slower on the uptake than some others, I sure you're the right person to talk to.. In my case  I never ran the setup program, hooked it up, logged in manually and did my own settings. I still show the hidden network, an xfinity wifi open network and my trusty (not so) old AC1900 router's 2.4g and 5g networks (the ones I prefer to use since I can administer my two ham radio subnets all from my main computer along with my newtworked backup drives). If I have a question it's "How do I get rid of the hidden setup network?"

Are you referring to the xfinitywifi SSID?  I haven't bothered turning it off and Comcast's method doesn't seem to always work:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/disable-xfinity-wifi-home-hotspot

Silver Problem Solver

RobertWy wrote:

JohnPR wrote:

In reply to Chitown51: Seems like some folks here are slower on the uptake than some others, I sure you're the right person to talk to.. In my case  I never ran the setup program, hooked it up, logged in manually and did my own settings. I still show the hidden network, an xfinity wifi open network and my trusty (not so) old AC1900 router's 2.4g and 5g networks (the ones I prefer to use since I can administer my two ham radio subnets all from my main computer along with my newtworked backup drives). If I have a question it's "How do I get rid of the hidden setup network?"

Are you referring to the xfinitywifi SSID?  I haven't bothered turning it off and Comcast's method doesn't seem to always work:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/disable-xfinity-wifi-home-hotspot

No SETUP XXXX whatever is the default private home wireless network, for the Arris TG1682G. It's the same name/password for both 2.4 and 5 GHz. Just needs the customer to personalize it for their needs. In this case, seems that the OP has his own router, so bridging the gateway would be best, turning off the 1682G's router function.

The xfinitywifi hotspot is a different thing.