Community Forum

Re: Unexplained AUP notices and blocking of Dynamic DNS / hosted web sites?

New Poster

I'm having the same issue.  I'm sure its probably some bug in dyn dns upadater triggered by comcast.   This happend to me today 7/26/19.  Dyndns thinks my IP is 69.252.211.117 but it isn't.  Its 73.xxx.xxx.xxx.  I'm running dyndns updater on windows server 2008.  

Official Employee

thecastle2, you might be seeing a new IP because of our switch to Domain Name System Security Extensions. Customers are now utilizing our DNSSEC servers with IP addresses of 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Customers are now utilizing our DNSSEC servers with IP addresses of 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76.

I thought that this has been in place for years already @ComcastKenF ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

EG, perhaps so -- this is the closest thing I could find; the document is in the present tense. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

I know for a fact that it has. I remember very well when the Anycast servers / DNS SEC were / was implemented by them.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.