Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: Speed issues... No help via other means.

New Poster

In a similar note

I have a new Arris SB-6190 Modem, and eero GEN2 mesh wifi system.

The eero gateway router (at the modem) checks Speedtest.net daily at 2pm.  I get download speeds as hi as 469, averaging high 300s but not uncommon to see Down of 11

Recent past daily tests: 209 331 11 460 454 414 147 418 35 403 422 52 

I know not to expect 469 but why the HUGE variation.  There's no use of bandwidth weekdays at 2pm.

Thx / Peter

Expert

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

"Keepin' it clean since '09" --I am not a Comcast employee.
Frequent Visitor

Not sure if it'd help you any.  The cause of my issue was that line from my pole to my house was not one continuous line. Someone had coupled 3 or 4 smaller lines together. One of the couplers was not tightened properly and water had gotten into the line. If I can find the cable, I’ll take pictures; the copper was nasty and just crumbles when you touch it.

Problem Solver

@PMSyPly wrote:

I have a new Arris SB-6190 Modem,

There's your problem - that modem's Puma6 chipset has a history of latency, jitter, and throughput issues, as well as a vulnerablity to DoS attacks. If you can still exchange it for a different one, do it now.

Test it here and see what you get.

"Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did." - Neil Gaiman
Expert

@PMSyPly wrote:

In a similar note

I have a new Arris SB-6190 Modem, and eero GEN2 mesh wifi system.

The eero gateway router (at the modem) checks Speedtest.net daily at 2pm.  I get download speeds as hi as 469, averaging high 300s but not uncommon to see Down of 11

Recent past daily tests: 209 331 11 460 454 414 147 418 35 403 422 52 

I know not to expect 469 but why the HUGE variation.  There's no use of bandwidth weekdays at 2pm.

Thx / Peter

Are you subscribed to the Gigabit speed-tier ? If so, you will never get gig speed with that 6190. It must be a DOCSIS 3.1 compliant modem.