Community Forum

Re: Setting up MOCA with Xfinity

Frequent Visitor

I have 3 actiontek MoCA devices. They have been operatiomal for a yeart. At 6 pm today all 3 are invisible. The gateway says connected no devices connected. The coax light on the actiontek is off, Comcast refuses to help due to it not being one oof their devices.

Anyone else have such an issue?

Expert

Could you elaborate a bit on the setup? Do you have X1 as well? What device is being used to feed the MoCA signal?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Looks like my reply disappeared (similar to my actionteks)

I have X1

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version:2.3.10.13_5.5.0.5
Software Image Name:DPC3941_3.3p19s1_PROD_sey
Gateway :DPC3941T
Actiontek
Model Number: WCB3000
Firmware Version: v0.16.8.6

Rebooted all devices. Disabled and re-enabled MoCA in the Gateway. Powered off the MoCA boxes since they were allowing wifi connection without internet access. After a couple hours powered up the garage MoCA, disabled and re-enabled Moca at the gateway (done several times prior) and all came back to life.

Any ideas?

and disabled and re-enabmed MoCA at
Expert

Keep an eye on it and see if it does it again.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

loubob1, sounds like you might have experienced a service interruption? You can check this https://www.xfinity.com/support/status site to confirm if there is something going on in your area. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

New issue with above configuration. 

One Actiontek box becomes un reachable whan attempting to log on to it. It appears that it is communicating with devices on ethernet and WIFI, but not talking on the coax. Devices are in limbo. I ordered and replaced the box with the same results. Looking at MOCA diagnostics in the gateway shows a connection. Power cycle cures it. Occurs between, 1.5 days and 1 hour.

Official Employee

loubob1, 

This is a bit outside of our demarcation, but have you attempted playing with the power on the coax? Maybe adding an amp/splitter would help manage the signal. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I'll look into that. The tv which it splits with has no issues. 

Official Employee

Sounds good! How old is the splitter? Perhaps try removing it from the line.

Frequent Visitor

Splitter is one of a pair I bought reciently which are MOCA  compatable. 

Official Employee

loubob1, got it. Have you reached out to actiontek support for help with your MoCA set up? 

Frequent Visitor

unfamiliar with support. Do you have a link?

Official Employee

Sure, try this out: http://support.actiontec.com/email_support/support_form_2.php

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. I submitted a request.

Official Employee

Cool. I'll check in with you in a few days to see what you get! I'm happy to help with whatever you need on Comcast's side Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Hello @loubob1, I hope all has been well since we last spoke with you. I wanted to follow up and see if you were able to work on this concern with actiontek support? 

Official Employee

@loubob1, we have not heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to create a new Public post for any issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you choosing to have Comcast as your service provider.