Community Forum

Re: Recommendation for Modems purchased from a Retailer

Regular Contributor

Hi, It's been about a year since we thought about upgrading out modem and router.  Wondering if the list dated 3-19 is still current.  Ideally, we would like to do a modem router combo.  Do you have any new suggestions or updates.

Currently have

Netgear Router C3700-100NAS | Model number: C3700-100NAS 

CMD31T Modem...

Thanks for your time.

kathyjoe
Expert

Which list "dated 3/19" are you referring to exactly ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

I did respond to your request thru my Comcast email, but it doesn't appear to be here, so I don't know if you received it. Here is my response:

"My apologies, it was dated 9-26-18 by Nerdberg and on the bottom it said updated by you on 3-9-19. I also bookmarked some items, but don't know how to locate them.  If this info isn't enough for you, please let me know how I can direct you to the actual communications.  Thanks!"
Here is the heading on the page: 
Approved Xfinity Modems and Gateways

However, when I didn't hear back from you, we decided to go out to Best Buy and talk to a rep there.  He recommended the Netgear AC1900 Model C7000v2 Router/Modem, so that's what we got.  Installed it yesterday, and it was a very easy installation.  So far, it is working just fine. 

Thanks for your time.

kathyjoe
Expert

Happy surfing !! 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!