Community Forum

Re: Random Brief Internet Disconnects with Gigabit Internet

Frequent Visitor

Any progress?  I'm still working on a fix, as well. 

The internet drops/disconnects are most noticeable for my 9 yr old gamer (repeatedly disconnects fortnite), but I also it simply trying to use internet email on my work computer.  

A technician came out, found a potential wiring issue outside, and after correcting it, said the Upstream Tx Power and Receive Power Level were in better ranges.  But the issues are persisting.  I'm reconnecting with support to see if they have additional recommendations.

Frequent Visitor

I think we are having the same issue.  My 8 yr old has stopped playing fortnite on iOS because internet keeps dropping out.  I have noticed it, as well, while trying to work; internet email will just stop or an error message will pop up randomly until connection is re-established (5-20 seconds later).  This is a relatively new phenomenon...I don’t think it was happening 2 weeks ago.  

PLEASE post an update with whatever the technician finds!  I was planning to call Comcast today about this.  

Highlighted
Official Employee

@joconnell97, I have responded to your private message and I look forward to your response, thanks! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Amira - thank you for the reply and message.  I went out of town for a week, and our message thread got closed, so I'm posting a quick reply on here.  

There has been no resolution to our intermittent wifi dropping.  It was especially bad/noticeable for our boy when he played fortnite,  but I also experienced constant drops while using internet email.  We had a technician visit who was knowledgeable, found an issue, and improved the wiring connections outside,  but ultimately there was no change to the wifi dropping. 

In reading the forums, the only solution I could find that customers said worked for them was replacing the xFi router.  So we just spent a small fortune buying new hardware--a high end Xfinity supported cable modem, router and mesh network.  I spent hours yesterday installing these, and have fingers crossed it helps.  I plan to return the xFi router later this week.  For anyone else that finds this thread, and uses the xFi router, I hope you have better luck!