Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: Proof Comcast Throttling Internet Speeds

Regular Visitor

I have had this problem for over a year. I have had my modem changed out three times plus upgraded to the x1 platform and numerous visits with repair techs (who swear there is no problem and one who stated after an hour of trouble shooting that he couldn't find anything wrong on my end, only that he thought there was alot static in the lines) and my service is worse than ever. My cable tiles (picture scrambles) my download speeds are non existant (I'm downloading a file now at a blistering 700kb sec and this is with the newest modem with blastpro speed!). I've even replaced my ethernet cables with very expensive cat6 cables with no imporvement. Now every time I call and complain all they do is remotely reset/restart my modem and proclaim the case closed. Now they have the balls to try and push their newest xfi modem on me saying it will fix everything, no thanks! If there isn't a problem then why are their bucket trucks going pole to pole in my apartment complex two/three times a week? Comcast service is an absolute joke, it's no wonder they are losing customers left and right to dish services. When my contract is up all of their gear is going in the dumpster where it belongs.

Expert

@darth_wraith

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having. You absolutely don't have to put up with substandard service. Since you've had techs out in the past and you're also reporting issues with your TV service...

I've asked a corporate employee to check the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. They can also check your local node/plant for any degradation or error reports. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

Regular Visitor

Thank you Sir for your reply and help but I have had it with comcast and am just staying with them for just another 2-3 months then am dumping them. I have absolutely no intreast in what they have to say. They will just reset the modem again or recomend yet another modem exchange/upgrade. I am done paying $300 a month for cable/net and can't even stream vudu/netflix without network errors.

Official Employee

Hello darth_wraith. We apologize you continue to experience issues with your service. I can assist with troubleshooting your service issues, and check the diagnostics nerdburg stated. We certainly value your business and don't want to see you go. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment.