Community Forum

Re: Port forwarding not working.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem with port forwarding not working.  I have a Netgear CM500V modem and a TPLink 1750 router.  I can setup the port forwarding on the router but when I check a port forwarding utility it reports that the port is not open.  I am trying to have remote access to my security DVR which was working fine with the current equipment.

Expert

Your problem is not the same as was being discussed in that other thread as you are not using Comcast supplied equipment, so I split your post out here. That said, FWIW, a server / application has to actually be listening / accepting connections on any given port at the time of testing for the port to appear as being "open" / "established" when port scanning.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I have gotten everything working. I had the security camera recorder setup with a permanent IP address rather than one assigned by the router. Everything worked OK on the LAN but not outside of that. It looks like since the router was not assigning the IP address the router didn’t know the recorder was there. After changing the recorder to get an IP address from the router things started working.

Expert

Glad you got it figured out !

Thread now being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!