Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Re: Packet Loss at Level3/Comcast Handoff

New Poster

Hello John,

I am having an issue with connectivity from time to time, usually after booting up my PC. I am running Windows 10. Occasionally when I open Firefox, I receive an error message "can't find the server at ___", but I can connect to sites such as YouTube and Google just fine. I've tried just about everything I can think of: Checking my firewall settings, IPv4 and IPv6 settings, used ipconfig, flushdns and even sfc, run anti-virus scans, made sure my PC is up-to-date, etc. I read the thread where you helped several people resolve issues with Comcast blocking traffic from port 80 and thought I may be experiencing this probleam as well. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.

Official Employee

Hello HDesign. I can assist with troubleshooting your connectivity issues. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

New Poster

Sorry for the belated reply. I did some digging around online to try to find some possible solutions. As far as I can tell, it had something to do with my router assigning IPv4 addresses to my connected devices through DHCP. I only have 3 devices connected to my router (2 via ethernet, 1 via Wi-Fi), so I assigned static IP addresses to those devices and have not had any problems within the last month. Thanks for the offer to help. If I encounter any other issues, I will be sure to use the Xfinity forums.

Official Employee

HDesign wrote: Sorry for the belated reply. I did some digging around online to try to find some possible solutions. As far as I can tell, it had something to do with my router assigning IPv4 addresses to my connected devices through DHCP. I only have 3 devices connected to my router (2 via ethernet, 1 via Wi-Fi), so I assigned static IP addresses to those devices and have not had any problems within the last month. Thanks for the offer to help. If I encounter any other issues, I will be sure to use the Xfinity forums.

We’re glad that you were able to correct this issue on your end, please feel free to reach back out to us if you need any further assistance. Have a good day.