Community Forum

Re: PS4 not connecting by WiFi

New Poster

Please help.  I have an Arris TG862G

I currently have a ps4 in my bedroom and another ps4 in my living room.  The ps4 in my bedroom connects to the internet through wifi and ethernet just fine but the ps4 in my living room does not connect for some reason.  I even brought it into my bedroom and it still won't connect.  I don't get it.  I know it's not the ps4 cause both of them connected to the internet through wifi a week ago before I changed modems.    

New Poster

first, the easy stuff: try forgetting the network name on the ps4. if that doesn't work, try doing a full factory reset on the dory. you can login by going to http://10.0.0.1 (admin: password) and it should be the last option on the bottom. if this does not work, you can change the network name, however, this will force you to connect all your wireless devices again. If all these options fail, you may want to take the ps4 to another wifi location and see if it connects there. If it does, it is probably a setting that needs to be tweeked on the dory.

another thing you can do is disconnect the other ps4 from the netowork., then try to connect the ps4 that isnt working. if that works, you have an ip conflict problem.

Try those things first...

New Poster

I tried taking the ps4 from the living room into my bedroom and tried to connect to wifi but it didn't work.  But than I tried with an ethernet cable and that worked.  So then I'm thinking okay it's something with the wifi.  I went to bed and the next morning non of the ps4's can connect to the wifi, lol, omg,  I've read some articles from other people stating the Arris modem is a P O S for wi fi gaming.  Some people stated that the wi fi will not work with an xbox s at all.  

UPnP is enabled.  I tried setting a private ip.  resetting the router.  cycling routh ps4 and modems.  I have't tried the factory reset thing yet though.

Official Employee

With your Arris TG862G, we'd recommend you hard-wire your connection to your Sony PS4. Using an Ethernet connection will ensure optimal internet speed, which is, of course, especially important when gaming. If hard-wiring is not an option, give us a call at 1-800-XFINITY - we're here to help.