Community Forum

Re: NOT GETTING SPEED PAYING FOR.

New Poster

I don't get the speeds either. most of the time i'm getting like 12.5 upoad and 20.5 mbps download. this is ridiculous. my dial-up was faster. lol....  it's not often, but i'll get over 200 for a short time. i'm using Xfinity's modem. i have talked to them to no avail. it's awful to deal with customer service. I'll be looking for other options... 

Silver Problem Solver

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Video-10-things-you-can-do-right-now-to-fix-your-int...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@MitchStavely wrote:

I don't get the speeds either. most of the time i'm getting like 12.5 upoad and 20.5 mbps download. this is ridiculous. my dial-up was faster. lol....  it's not often, but i'll get over 200 for a short time. i'm using Xfinity's modem. i have talked to them to no avail. it's awful to deal with customer service. I'll be looking for other options... 

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/1253575#M94474

Post the requested info from here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi @GNX23178

I wanted to follow up to see if your tech made it out and whether or not there has been a change in your internet speeds? 

@MitchStavely, sorry for the experience you're having. Can you please check out the link that was provided by @EG and post your signal levels. I'd like to see if I can help isolate the cause of your problems. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

FWIW, only @MitchStavely is in this thread.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello, MitchStavely. We have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.