Community Forum

Re: Modem for 400Mb with voice - Any options besides Netgear CM1150V or Arris SBV3202?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Modem for 400Mb with voice - Any options besides Netgear CM1150V or Arris SBV3202?

How is the CM1150v working out? I have one and only getting 640ish download speeds despite the Comcast raspberry pi getting 974.
Silver Problem Solver

@jmrowlands wrote:
How is the CM1150v working out? I have one and only getting 640ish download speeds despite the Comcast raspberry pi getting 974.

Is 640 with an ethernet connection?  You might visit this:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Troubleshooting-Gigabit-internet-speeds/m-p/3145413#...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

This is measured with a cat8 ethernet from the modem to a macbook pro with 10/100/1000 port. My downstream has been erratic in speeds. Channels 1-31 are locked on with good signal. Channel 32 is not locked on. Upstream speeds are 32-40ish with only 4 of the 8 streams locked on. One OFDM downstream is locked on as well.

Expert

@jmrowlands wrote:

. Channel 32 is not locked on. Upstream speeds are 32-40ish with only 4 of the 8 streams locked on. One OFDM downstream is locked on as well.

FWIW, this is not an issue. Most systems offer only 31 downstream channels when there is an OFDM channel present.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for that information! Early support calls said this was an issue. I believe it is a firmware issue and hoping that Netgear and Xfinity can expedite the firmware push. 

Highlighted
Expert

@jmrowlands wrote:

Thank you for that information! Early support calls said this was an issue. I believe it is a firmware issue and hoping that Netgear and Xfinity can expedite the firmware push. 

If there's a device getting 970 Mbps on your LAN, the system is working as intended. 

You can try a few things:

1.  Make sure the test server is within a reasonable distance from you. 
  2. Use a different testing site such as Speedtest.net or Fast.com.
  3. Download the official OOKLA App for your operating system (Windows, MacOS, tvOS ). 
  4. Temporarily disable any security programs running on your system (antivirus, firewalls).

FWIW, I was a beta tester for the CM1150v, and I'm still using it. It's been rock solid and reliable (save for a few minor bugs in the GUI), consistently getting 939/41. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!