Community Forum

Re: Internet randomly disconnects constantly

New Poster

Hi,  ComcastAmira: I have a similiar issue with my Xfinity internet. My connection will randomly drop out multiple times a day. As I sometimes work from home and using VPN and remote connection to virtual machines, this become increasingly unbearable. I have had technician come to my house and they did not find any problem. I also replaced my modem to a newest Xfinity rental model. But it didn't solve the problem either. Can you please kindly let me know how can I get a good internet connection? Thanks

Expert

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/1253575#M94474

Post the requested info from here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Random drops of internet every several seconds to several hours.

My Xfinity internet will drop randomly every tens of seconds to several hours. As I sometimes work from home and using VPN and remote connection to virtual machines, this become increasingly unbearable. I have had technician come to my house and they did not find any problem. I also replaced my modem to a newest Xfinity rental model. But it didn't solve the problem either. Can you please kindly let me know how can I get a good internet connection? Thanks

I have contacted Xfinity support line multiple times and had one technician visit, no problem was discovered and no solution was found. Change to different cable port/ run another cable did not solve the problem either. Expecting another technician in coming days but not hopeful of solving anything. 

Modem make and model: technicolor, DPC3941T

My download and upload status:

Capture.PNG

New Poster

Re: Random drops of internet every several seconds to several hours.

Capture.PNG

Expert

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they likely need to be approved by a Forum Admin. Or you may need to make a minimum number of posts.

You could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to them here.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Let me try if this works for the pics

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LBS6rmQuiQOaOZGnY43dIH-7VTf24vgz/view

Tried to put the url in the pic mode but the autocheck does not support the link, weird. 

Expert

Stats look o/k so far. Please post the rest of the downstream channels. Also post the RF error / event log entries.

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the 3941 with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @architectds, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I apologize for the delay in response and I am sorry to hear that you're also experiencing connection issues on your end. We definitely want to get to the bottom of this so that we can get it corrected. I would be more than happy to further troubleshoot and assist you with this connection concern. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@architectds, I never received a private message from you or heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to send me a PM if you still need assistance with this connection concern. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being a Comcast customer. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.