Community Forum

Re: Internet disconnecting daily or multiple times, for about 6 minutes

New Poster

Re: Internet disconnecting daily or multiple times, for about 6 minutes

I live in a gated community near Leesburg, Fl.  Myself and dozens and dozens of other people in my community have the identical problem. Also when I connect to an Xfinity hotspot in the Leesburg area the same exact thing happens frequently whether I'm using an adroid or IOS tablet or cellphone.  There doesn't seem to be a 6 minute problem exactly but it happens more often that not in the evening.  Some evenings it will disconnect and reconnect on its own dozens of times (a real problem when you're trying to stream a subscribed sports game.  Reps have been no help and they constantly blame the problem on my modem (a Netgear c3700).  Before January I had no problems at all at least since mid summer of 2017 but since then it happens very frequently.  Xfinity's escallation team's next solution is to send a rep to my house to inspect my wiring for a cost of $60.00 (I know they won't find anything due to the problem being an area problem from surveys I've performed.).  Other clients in the area have given up trying to get it fixed and stopped calling as every call turns into a sales call with the reps trying to sell additional items/features, everything from phone, cable TV, to security systems, to professional "geek squad" type services. I've become the guinea pig to have Xfinity send out a rep try to isolate the problem. We're planning to leave Xfinity in bulk at the end of hte month if the problem is permanently resolved.