Community Forum

Re: Internet connection intermittent

Frequent Visitor

Re: Internet connection intermittent

@EG wrote:

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this a WiFi connection ?

I wouldn't even know how to answer this. I have 32 downstream bonded channels and 8 upstream bonded channels.  I have 2 numbers each for OFDMA channels (and I don't really understand any of this).  This has been hapenning to me, too, ever since I "upgraded" from Preferred XF bundle to Preferred Triple Play. They gave me a new modem/router, but even after replacing that with a compatible modem, it's still hapenning.

@EG wrote:

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

Is this a WiFi connection ?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity's network sometimes fails suddenly

I've been having the same trouble since changing from Preferred XF bundle to Preferred Triple Play (when they gave me a new modem/router); it may be hapenning a small amount of time with wired devices, but hapenning A LOT with WiFi. I first had a modem/router supplied by Xfinity, then got rid of it & got a Nighthawk. Our devices show they're connected to WiFi, but there's no internet connection. It's going to force me to upgrade cell service to unlimited data ($35 extra each month) if I can't get it fixed.  I tried uploading pics of up & downstreams but it won't show them

downstreams.jpgupstreams.jpg

Expert

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they likely need to be approved by a Forum Admin. Or you may need to make a minimum number of posts.

You could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to them here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

WiFi Drops contstantly since "upgrading" to Triple Play

I had the Preferred XF Bundle until about mid-March.  At first I had the Xfi modem/router but switched the the Netgear Nighthawk about 10 days ago, hoping it would help. For the most part this is only affecting WiFi (not wired) devices. Our ohones will show they're connected to WiFi, but they actually have no internet connection.  Our data usage has gone up from less than 1 GB/month to ^ last month. I don't want to spend $35 more/month for unlimited data, when I should have wifi with my internet service!!  

I'm posting pics of my upload & download speeds, although the last time I tried to post pics they wouldn't show up. downstreams.jpgupstreams.jpg

Frequent Visitor

It seems ridiculous that I should have to figure out a 3rd party pic hosting service to get help from a forum that gives me a link to upload pictures. I’ve been a Comcast customer since 2009, and posted to the forum a couple weeks ago when I first noticed this problem. 

Frequent Visitor

On my 32 downstream channels, the numbers go from -.07 to -3.8, with an average of -2.26. My 8 upstream channels: Not Locked each have 0.0, Locked have between 46 and 47.5.

Expert

@Jamie_L wrote:

It seems ridiculous that I should have to figure out a 3rd party pic hosting service to get help from a forum that gives me a link to upload pictures. I’ve been a Comcast customer since 2009, and posted to the forum a couple weeks ago when I first noticed this problem. 

I'm just a fellow customer like you... I'm just trying to be helpful to you to the extent that I am able to, sorry...

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Jamie_L, thank you for reaching out. Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to review this further together. This will likely require a technician, but once I have access to your account I'll be able to check further. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@Jamie_L wrote:

On my 32 downstream channels, the numbers go from -.07 to -3.8, with an average of -2.26. My 8 upstream channels: Not Locked each have 0.0, Locked have between 46 and 47.5.

Those appear to be in spec, but you didn't post the SNR figures.

Frequent Visitor

I appreciate your suggesting something. Sorry for the snippy reply; my frustration wasn’t directed at you, so much as having to spend hours & hours on troubleshooting.

Expert

No worries ! Smiley Happy Well you are in good hands now with @ComcastAlly !

Frequent Visitor

SNR’s are from 37 - 38.5. 

Official Employee

Re: WiFi Drops contstantly since "upgrading" to Triple Play

Good afternoon, Jamie_L. I just responded back to your PM! Looking forward to hearing back from you there. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.