Community Forum

Re: Internet Speed 400 mbps Problem

New Poster

Fot the last 7 years I’ve been on Blast 150MPBS and only until recently have we begun to have issues w/internet. Yesterday I decided to call because
(Like I have an extra 3 hours to waste with your support people). I do have my MacBook hard wired to the Xfinity router as well as my Sonos. The router I now have is from comcast the xFi Advanced gateway Technicolor CGM4140COM. I have done speedtest after speedtest and I am not getting even close to 400 mbps. Matter of fact its significantly less than what it was before, not even reaching all areas of the home! Topping out at 78Mpbs. Before I was getting anywhere from 125 mbps to about 150mbps. Thats hard wired. If I do a speedtest on my laptop using wireless im getting 75 mbps. Could anyone here explain why this is? If Im paying for 400 mbps, I want 400 mbps.
Expert

Try callingl 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to completely remove the modem from your account and to "re-provision" it from scratch. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete and that the correct configuration / bootfile for your subscribed to speed tier is being pushed to the modem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee Digital Care

Hi @MBTJAT

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. Sorry for the experience you're having. I can help by removing the old modem and reprovisioning the new modem to make sure yo're receviing the speeds you're paying for. Can you please send a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? To send a Private Message, please click "Comcast_Support” and click “send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!