Community Forum

Re: Internet Connection Drops

New Poster

I am having the exact same problems and I am not sure what to do anymore. Comcast has come to my house 5 times and they keep saying everything is fine. Everyone they send dont really know what theyre doing. I have been dealing with this for about a year now and I cannot get it to stop. It is extremely frustrating when playing competitive games. Worst part of all they are still charging me normally. Please help me someone!

Highlighted
Expert

What problem exactly are you having?

Start here: Troubleshooting Guide 

If you haven't already, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

Video: How to view power levels and event logs.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

My problem was finally resolved when the Comcast online support scheduled "profressional installation services" for $60.   I did not feel good about paying $60 for coming to install something that has been in place and working fine for years, but my frustration level was so high I had to do something.

They ended up installing and amplifier, replacing a peice of cable coming into the house, and replacing my modem again.   After these three changes, my service has stablized.

I really don't know the original source of the problem.   All of my modem signal levels and error counts looked good prior to the change.  None of my inside wiring was changed.

Official Employee

Hi @ShawnSW1

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. I can take a deeper look into your signals and check the health of the node to see if I can find the cause of your connection issues. 

@jorndorff, I'd like to review your account to see if there is any way I can help with the $60 install fee you were billed. 

In order to assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, as well as the name of the account holder if it's different than yours.  

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!