Community Forum

Re: Intermittent internet outages for 10-20 minutes at a time in evenings and overnight...

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Intermittent internet outages for 10-20 minutes at a time in evenings and overnight...

I experience daily outages.  Usually 5 minutes or so.  Sometimes a couple in one day.  Rarely can we go a whole day without one.   And rarely do I get even close to what I’m paying for.  It isn’t uncommon for my upload speed to exceed my download speed.  Tough when your only other choice is DSL from CenturyLink.   

New Poster

Download speed inconsistent and daily outages

I can sometimes get 170Mbs down but commonly get less than my upload speed.  Upload speed is fairly consistent at 10 to 12Mbs.  Except during the daily outages of around 5 minutes or so.  It is rare to go a day without at least one of those outages.  

Why is Xfinity service so bad and inconsistent?  

Before anyone says it, I secure my home network and monitor both access and my households bandwidth consumption.  It isn’t a problem inside my house or neighbors pinching my WiFi.   

I pay  too much for this.   And my only other choice is dsl from centurylink.  Not a happy customer.   

Expert

Re: Download speed inconsistent and daily outages

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/1253575#M94474

Post the requested info from here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello @Wishing4more, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear about the intermittent connection you have been experiencing. We definitely want you to be receiving a consistent internet connection. I would be more than happy to assist! Yes, if you could please start by posting the information @EG requested, that would be great. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!