Community Forum

Re: Intermittent T3 Timeouts and Drops

New Poster

I also have the SB6141.    I began having transmission problems and found out that this modem is listed by XFINITY as no longer being supported for my download speed, ie., its not receiving any firmware updates from XFINITY.      My download speed is supposed to be 150 mbps.   Is your modem compatible with your download speed? 

Also, does anyone have a suggestion for a  basic modem to replace my SB6141?   I don't need anything fancy,  I live alone and don't want to spend a lot.     Xfinity tries to help by providing product names of compatible modems but there are just to many to choose from.   THanks.

Expert

The retail version of the 6141 is still supported and it is good for speeds up to 284 Mbps;

https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/device/arris-sb6141-336

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here; http://192.168.100.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

SB6141.JPGPicture is not showing for some reason. 

Official Employee

Hello all. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I apologize to hear you are having issues with the T3 timeouts and Drops. That's certainly annoying. I would like to look into this for anyone here. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last names so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!