Community Forum

Re: Inability to achieve Gigabit Speeds

New Poster

Did they ever get this fixed for you?  I have now gone through 4 (Netgear CM1000, Netgear CM1200, Arris SB8200, and now a Motorola MB8600) different modems trying to get this fabled 1Gig speed (which I  know is  920-980Mbps) I have hade 5 techs out to my house the cable going to my modem is get 1200Mbps according to the testing device.  Sometimes after numerous modem  resets I get 960Mbps down for about 10 mins then it goes right back to 220-260Mbps down.  I have told Comcast that the issue is in the office somewhere but no one listens  (Just like I doubt anyone will respond to this).   It literaly seems like it is getting throttled at the head end but I can never get someone who can check that issue.  I keep getting told the line is fine.  I get the same issues if I am plugged into my gear or directly into the back of the cable modem. 

Annotation 2019-08-21 191108.jpg

That is the sofware installed on the modem.  Below are my signals

Annotation 2019-08-21 191225.jpg

Just wish I could get what I pay for.  GUESS COMCAST GIG SPEED IS A MYTH IN SWFL!!

If comcast would like to contact please do.  But sending out a tech is not the answer.

Highlighted
Expert

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they need to be approved by a Forum Admin. That could take some time. In the interim, you could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to them here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!