Community Forum

Re: How do I set up a separate login for guest

New Poster

Dude, you just copy and paste that ridiculous link on every inquiry. It's not even applicable to the issue and really annoying. You're not helping anyone by directing them to a Page that advises customers on how to allow other Xfinity customers access their system.

All we want is to know how to give our guests a temporary login token. It's a common feature on many Modems.
Silver Problem Solver

@Rynoh wrote:
Dude, you just copy and paste that ridiculous link on every inquiry. It's not even applicable to the issue and really annoying. You're not helping anyone by directing them to a Page that advises customers on how to allow other Xfinity customers access their system.

All we want is to know how to give our guests a temporary login token. It's a common feature on many Modems.

Are you saying this procedure doesn't work?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/help-guests-get-online

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Rynoh, do you have an XFINITY rented modem? If your guests are XFINITY customers, they can utilize the xfinitywifi or XFINITY hotspot that is broadcasted by your modem. 

If you want to create a brand new SSID specifically for the guest, you could separate the 2.4 and 5.0 bands on your modem and use one of the frequencies for the guest. Another option (especially if you have your own modem), is to purchase an access point. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!