Community Forum

Re: HP printer issues with new Xfinity modem

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm having the same problem with my HP All in One printers. I have 2, different ages, having this issue only after installing the Xfinity modem. Did you ever find a fix?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

did you try to modify the sleep mode of the printer to make it not sleep and see if you still get this problem?

Highlighted
New Poster

Does anyone have a fix???? I have tried pretty much everything I can think of. Installed a new driver, though when I looked at the date of the driver it was Oct, 2019 and I am sure I had the most current driver since my MAC is new in 2020.  I reconnected the printer to the network, I see the printer on my MAC  (it even tells me it is low on blue ink so I know it is connecting) but when I go to print I get a "printer not responding" error. This has only started happening since we got a new modem/router from Xfinity 2 weeks ago. We had an older one from Xfinity previously so I am stumped as to where the issue is. I printed the report showing the printer is conntected to the wireless network, the same one as the MAC. I tried to follow instructions from a different older thread about showing the printer's webpage but it does not load so I got stuck with that suggestion. VERY FRUSTRATED!