Community Forum

Re: Gigabit Internet using own (not rented) modem

New Poster

I was just told by a tech and CS that the Arris Surfboard SBG8300 that is on the approved devices list was not compatible at my current location. I have had to temporarily rent a modem in order to activate my internet service. Can you provide some insight into why this modem is listed but CS is telling me it's not compatible?

Official Employee

Greetings, jnguyen1194! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you were told by a tech and phone rep that this modem is not supported. Looking into my device list and the box of the modem it should be supported without an issue. I would like to look further into this for you. Feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, jnguyen1194. I have not heard back from you and hope you were able to get the modem working. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!