Community Forum

Re: Gigabit Internet Speed

New Poster

I have been facing the same issues since I upgraded to the 1GB Internet plan. Before this I had the 250Mbps plan that was more reliable and better speeds than the upgrade. The average speed i get is between 11mbps to 30mbps. on a good day 95mbps. (See attached)

I have 2 different technicians at my place.

The first the technician couldn’t figure out what was the problem and his conclusion was: my Router - Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart Wi-Fi Router (R9000) must be the problem. We went ahead and connected my computer directly to the modem with no improvement. His next guess was my Ethernet cables must be the problem. So I went ahead and replaced all Ethernet cables. 2 days later I had the whole place re-wired – from the Cat-5e (old cables) to the expensive Cat-6a (new cables); still no improvement.

The Second technician replaced the modem making this the 3rd new modem in less than a month. He ran tests, made calls etc… still no cigar. Like everybody I have spoken to by phone after they performed more diagnostics he tells me: “your signals look pretty good” but I can’t figure out what the problem is. At the end he too finally gave up and left.

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 10.44.54 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 10.44.59 AM.png
Expert

@2H-TOWN wrote:

I have been facing the same issues since I upgraded to the 1GB Internet plan. Before this I had the 250Mbps plan that was more reliable and better speeds than the upgrade. The average speed i get is between 11mbps to 30mbps. on a good day 95mbps. (See attached)

I have 2 different technicians at my place.

The first the technician couldn’t figure out what was the problem and his conclusion was: my Router - Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart Wi-Fi Router (R9000) must be the problem. We went ahead and connected my computer directly to the modem with no improvement. His next guess was my Ethernet cables must be the problem. So I went ahead and replaced all Ethernet cables. 2 days later I had the whole place re-wired – from the Cat-5e (old cables) to the expensive Cat-6a (new cables); still no improvement.

The Second technician replaced the modem making this the 3rd new modem in less than a month. He ran tests, made calls etc… still no cigar. Like everybody I have spoken to by phone after they performed more diagnostics he tells me: “your signals look pretty good” but I can’t figure out what the problem is. At the end he too finally gave up and left.

Post your issue in a whole new thread, and refer to this post for information. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!