Community Forum

Re: Firmware Update for Motorola SBG6580 SURFboard eXtreme Wireless Cable Modem & Gigabit Router

New Poster

Re: Firmware Update for Motorola SBG6580 SURFboard eXtreme Wireless Cable Modem & Gigabit Router

I have owned a Motorola SBG6580 SURFboard eXtreme Wireless Cable Modem & Gigabit Router needs to be update Firmware.(with HFC MAC ID:...59 73 DE and Firmware version is SBG6580-8.9.0.1-GA-00-092-NOSH ).

Could you please, send me the firmware update of it ?

Thanks and best regards.

DN

Authorized Vendor

As long as your modem model is correct on the account your device would just need a reboot to get the latest code update...

The bootfile in most models have an upgrade statement in it..

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..
New Poster

I was a Comcast subscriber in Pennsylvania for several years and purchased a SBG6580 modem. It was working fine when I unplugged it and moved a year or so ago. I opened a new Comcast account in Maryland and had a technician come by to install cable. I told them I would use my modem for internet. The tech was here and set up the MAC address on the network but I could not get internet access. He called his support and they can see my modem. My LAN checks out fine. Indicator lights show good. We did a factory reset of my modem and booted it several times. Still no access. Any ideas? Is it possibly in need of a firmware update?  (My version is SBG6580-8.9.0.1-GA-00-092-NOSH).  Are there any firewall, etc settings that would cause problems, even after a factory reset? Thanks very much for any ideas.