Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: Devices not able to connect to new router/modem installed for my service

New Poster

I am having that problem as well. Switch to a new modem and multiple device are not able to access the Internet despite it showing an internet connection. The Xbox one, PS4 and my son's Alienware computer all won't connect since the switch. Checked under settings and all read no internet connection under IP4V on those devices and troubleshooting on the device shows no problem with connection. Basically only my phones have wifi connection now and that pretty much makes the internet services absolutely worthless. It's a nightmare since the switch.
Official Employee

Re: Devices not able to connect to new router/modem installed for my Gig service

Hello Mommabear6, I show that you spoke with a Comcast representative on the phone earlier today and was able to get this issue resolved. Please reach back out to me here if you need further assistance. 

Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Devices not able to connect to new router/modem installed for my Gig service

Frequent Visitor

My only resolution was to install another WiFi router (in my case the Google Home WiFi) and connect to the Xfinity router after putting the Xfinity GIG router in bridge mode. Now I can connect everything to the Google Home WiFi router and still get the Gig speed.