Community Forum

Re: Data Harvesting?

Frequent Visitor

I have data harvesting on my router also. Tracked the IP back to xfinity. As far as I can tell it looks as though xfinity is collecting data harvesting that they are doing and then selling it to the highest bidder.
Silver Problem Solver

@Mobile-Informed wrote:
I have data harvesting on my router also. Tracked the IP back to xfinity. As far as I can tell it looks as though xfinity is collecting data harvesting that they are doing and then selling it to the highest bidder.

How would I find this issue with my XB6 Gateway?

If this is really happening, I would imagine it is for everyone, not just a few Comcast customers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Silver Problem Solver

I've seen it a few times lately, seems to appear after a reset, in the event log. Certainly shows up after a factory reset.

harvest.PNG

Highlighted
Expert

Can't see your pic Paraniod.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

I know, anyway just a pic of the gateway with this entry in the event log.

[Harvester][4103]: Harvester StartAssociatedDeviceHarvesting : Started Thread to start DeviceData Harvesting

I doubt it's anything to worry about, (maybe  just a poor choice of words). Probably just getting details of attached devices for xFi or whatever.

Silver Problem Solver

@Paraniod wrote:

I know, anyway just a pic of the gateway with this entry in the event log.

[Harvester][4103]: Harvester StartAssociatedDeviceHarvesting : Started Thread to start DeviceData Harvesting

I doubt it's anything to worry about, (maybe  just a poor choice of words). Probably just getting details of attached devices for xFi or whatever.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/comments/5s57y5/data_harvester_in_event_logs/

"

level 1
2 points·2 years ago

Data harvester is essentially the reporting tool. It gathers the information about the modem, stats, reports, events, etc.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!