Community Forum

Re: Constant outsages

Regular Visitor

This is very similar to the problem I am having! I've had comcast technicians out twice to check the wires, and I even switched out the modem. The brand new modem I bought is also reporting T3 & T4 connection errors. Originally I was loosing connection constantly, after the 2nd technician replaced all the connectors the problem is not occuring as frequently but I am still briefly losing internet several times a day (goes off and comes right back on). I'm completely at a loss for what to do about it. Maybe check your modem logs and see if you're getting the T3 & T4 errors too? From what I gather they mean there is an issue with the lines, though I haven't been able to determine what is causing mine.

Expert

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact make and model number of the modem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi there, CoyoteGirl. Welcome! Thanks for choosing to reach out to us here in the community for support. We're sorry to hear about your ongoing trouble with your internet service. We understand the frustration it can cause and we're here to help. There are several factors that can contribute to intermittent connectivity and timeouts in regards to internet service as a whole. You're welcome to post your modem stats/logs here in the community to  receive support with your situation, or you're welcome to send me a private message directly and I can check them for you. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

Why was this thread locked ? OP, please also post the info that I requested here publically so that all readers here may benefit from it, thank you.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, CoyoteGirl. I have completed this interaction as we did not hear back from you on this. If you end up needing further support with this, please feel free to send me that PM. Thanks, take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.