Community Forum

Re: Constant disconnects out of the blue?! What is going on!? SYNC Timing Synchronization failure -

New Poster

Re: Constant disconnects out of the blue?! What is going on!? SYNC Timing Synchronization failure -

Same issue here, same exact modem and same exact event log, exact same time frame for when these issues started.  This morning I was told by Comcast customer service that it must be my modem and that I can request a tech come out.  However seeing as i'm not a complete layman in this regard and finding this post where OP has the exact issue with the exact same setup in the same time frame makes me think it may not be on my end.  Any suggestions to get some deeper support out of comcast?  Or do we think its just a coincidence? 

Expert

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/1253575#M94474

Post the requested info from here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Here is the event log and power settings.  None of the basic correctional steps mentioned in the trouble shooting link are helping.   Is it normal for all channels other than 1 to be unlocked?  Just to reiterate I've changed nothing on this end and have had perfect service using this device for months now.

Expert

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they likely need to be approved by a Forum Admin. Or you may need to make a minimum number of posts.

You could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to them here.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Capture.jpgCapture1.jpg

I'm not certain the images im uploading are working as I can only see an icon after I post, I've tried png and jpeg and resized to be sure.

New Poster

Here are links to a host site with the images

https://ibb.co/JtV3SQ4
https://ibb.co/s2RMBh5

Expert

No, it's not normal to have only one channel locked. And its power is way out of spec ! There is a connection problem somewhere. Perhaps it would be best for you to get a tech out to investigate this one !

New Poster

Im going to factory reset the device and hook it up again from scratch, if its still no good Ill see about the tech although I'm not certain how they can help as they wont assist with non comcast devices and I am certain the physical aspects of my network remain unchanged.  I appreciate the help Ill update this post as the situation progresses. 

Expert

They have to "assist" if the problem is on their side of the demarc point / grounding block. Good luck !

New Poster

I appreciate the heads up about whos responsible for what! 

After the factory reset the device seems to be functiong normally the event log is clear and the power settings look much better, additionally speed and ping test seem are in line whith what Im supposed to be getting.  Now just have to wait to see if any issues reoccur.  Thanks again!

Here is the current pwr settings (post reset). 

https://ibb.co/7KzZRFX

Ill continue to monitor

Expert

It's better but it looks like something intermittent may be going on. Only 12 downstream channels are being locked...

And it takes some time for the event log to repopulate as the errors are cumulative until the modem re-boots.