Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Re: Consistent packet loss on Comcast nodes

New Poster

Did you get any resolution to your issue? I'm getting even worse packet loss - roughly 7% average with ping floating between 10-150ms.

Comcast said it was old Modem - so I bought new one ($189 Arris SB8200) and it's still losing packets.

online support almost useless:

"1 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 10000ms, that is the result I got at my end."

a while later...

"1 packets transmitted, 1 received, 0% packet loss, time 59ms, I got this result now."

Would you like if I will schedule the technician for you as well as at this time all is good from my end?

Yes you can eventually ping if you try enough times, that in now way means "all is good"

Authorized Vendor

You have RF issues that will need to be corrected by a tech visit..

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..
Expert

Official Employee

Hi, mattbaird - I can check if there are any issues with the RF signal levels. Please send your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number in a private message. Thank you!