Community Forum

Re: Can only access some sites IPV4/IPV6 megathread

New Poster

Re: Can only access some sites IPV4/IPV6 megathread

Hi i am facing this issue where not all websites open. can you please suggest the steps to fix it? shall i contact the customer care? Sites like bbc.com goal.com dont open, but able to access all social media sites. please support.

thanks 

New Poster

Re: can't connect to IPv4 but I can connect to IPv6

Hi John,

I am not able to access other websites like goal.com, bbc.com but able to access sites like cnn.com, facebook.com etc. please suggest how to resolve the issue, appreciate your support.

thanks 

Silver Problem Solver

@6803720 wrote:

Hi John,

I am not able to access other websites like goal.com, bbc.com but able to access sites like cnn.com, facebook.com etc. please suggest how to resolve the issue, appreciate your support.

thanks 

Post a tracert to those websites.

Run traceroute on Windows
  1. Open the Start menu.
  2. Click Run.
  3. To open the command line interface, type cmd and then click OK.
  4. At the command line prompt, type: For IPv4 - > tracert example.com For IPv6 - > tracert -6 example.com.
  5. Press Enter.
  6. You can copy the results to save to a file or paste in another program.
Jun 12, 2019

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Hello All, 

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums. I'd be happy to help troubleshoot the issues you're having accessing IPv6 sites. Can you please send me a private message with your first and last names and examples of the sites you are having issues accessing? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!