Community Forum

Re: CM3008 continuous reboot

New Poster

My cm3008 will continually reboot if I attach my linksys ea6350 v2 router to it. If I use my asus rt ac66u b1 everything works fine, no rebooting. I have changed many of the settings on the linksys router to no avail. I wonder how many people out there are using linksys routers?

Official Employee

debloew4044, Hmm, that's strange. When you say reboot, are you talking a complete power down or does the connection drop? Is your modem in bridge mode?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

FWIW, the 3008 is a plain vanilla cable modem, not a gateway device.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Ah yes, you're right EG. Just googled it. 

It looks like this was discussed before earlier this year: 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/CM3008-Modem-The-Saga-Continutes/td-p/3124187

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

No worries Ken ! Smiley Happy

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@debloew4044, we never heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to reach back out if you still need assistance with this reboot concern, or any other issue or concerns. We're here to help! Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast.