Community Forum

Re: Bursts of uncorrectables/Lost MDD Timeout/No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

New Poster

Re: Bursts of uncorrectables/Lost MDD Timeout/No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

I am having the exact same experience as you are and its my second time in 2 years. The first time they sent out 7 different techs over 9 months. Each one tried to tell me it was bad wiring in the house or the splitter was bad. They changed the splitter 4 times and added a booster amp right in front of the modem. None of it helped. My favorite was when they told me an uncapped connection in a neighbors house could be the cause. I understand an uncapped conection can cause issues but not like this. I did my reseach and demanded they check the closest node, which was on a telephone pole in our yard. They really didnt want to. They finally conceded, sure enough, they had a bad amp in that node. The lineman told me the amp was over 5 years old and should have been replaced a long time ago. He stated they dont even use that type anymore. After they installed the new amp all was good for about 18 months.

For the last month I am having the same issues all over again. The only difference is that I am not getting T4 error's and the modem resets. My logs look almost exactly like yours. I have double checked my connections and even bought some new devices just in case. I finally called Comcast and feared I would have to go through months of Techs coming out and not listening to me again. Today the first Tech showed up. He stated I was missing some channels? Not sure exactly what he meant but he agreed the issue was downstream. He called a lineman which showed up super fast. The lineman checked the first node but found no issue. He is currently checking a different node further downstream. I am waiting to hear from him?

I hope you post again. I want to hear the resolution to your issue?

Official Employee

NelsonB72, thanks for letting us know about your service issues here on the forums. I understand how frustrating service concerns can be, especially when you've had multiple tech visits. Let's check out the node in your area and see if there is area maintenance that is causing timeouts and high uncorrectable counts. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!