Community Forum

Re: Bad Experience with 1gb upgrade

Regular Visitor

I hsubscribed to 1gb service after having 250 mbs and being unable to stream simple netflix. I was thrilled to know that I could get 1gb speeds and put all the download problems behind me. Since I got it, I have never exceeded 400mbs and the majorioty of time I am getting about 50 to 70. For the past few days I am at 4 to 5mbs. Yes, that is not a typo. I am using new equipment, all rated for gigabyte service. I had a technician site visit who agreed that all the equipement in use is more than adequate capability for gigabyte service. The attached is the latest test I just did; 3.19 mbs. download. I think that is a little less than 1 gb..... But to make me even more cheerful, I just got an email from Xfinity tonight threatening to charge me more money because I have exceeded 1T monthly usage. How about taking that extra fee out of the fee you are charging me for gig service and then give me the change. I am paying the maximum rate for the minimum possible service. The technician threw his hands up and told me that the service being sold is actually undeliverable to the consumer. Fascinating. 

Richard
Expert

Start here;

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/1253575#M94474

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Information-Requested-for-Connection-Related-Posts/m...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi, rcwmsn - The speed that you are getting is definitely low. I can take a look at your account and see how can we resolve your speed issue. In the meantime, please check your speed at our website (speedtest.xfinity.com) so I will be able to see the results too. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

I removed the link you've provided because it it has been attached as a link that didn't work. If you would like to show your latest results, feel free to take a screenshot and post it here. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastEllaCan you look at my account, too???  The supervisor came out last Friday (Aug. 24) , and activated our equipment over the phone.  He said no hardware needed to be changed and all connections were OK.  He told me that it will take 2-3 days for the modem to download all updates to firmware, and thereafter, all should be close to 1GB.  Today (Aug. 30), I'm still getting only 125-130 mbps on my laptop's wireless; via ethernet, about 90 mbps.  My iPhone 6s, it can get up to 250 mbps.  Just bought a new Samsung tablet, and with this, I get 150 mbps.  I called customer service and they said everything should be OK and that I should be getting faster speeds.  Please help @ComcastElla

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@Atty_Ace wrote:

@ComcastEllaCan you look at my account, too???  The supervisor came out last Friday (Aug. 24) , and activated our equipment over the phone.  He said no hardware needed to be changed and all connections were OK.  He told me that it will take 2-3 days for the modem to download all updates to firmware, and thereafter, all should be close to 1GB.  Today (Aug. 30), I'm still getting only 125-130 mbps on my laptop's wireless; via ethernet, about 90 mbps.  My iPhone 6s, it can get up to 250 mbps.  Just bought a new Samsung tablet, and with this, I get 150 mbps.  I called customer service and they said everything should be OK and that I should be getting faster speeds.  Please help @ComcastElla

I wonder if your ethernet adapter can support the gig service?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

@Atty_Ace - My apologies for the delayed response. Feel free to send me a private message with your full name and I will check your connection status. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.