Community Forum

Re: 400 Mbps

Regular Visitor

I have the same issue, just upgraded to 400 mbps and not getting the proper speed, 200 -250 max via wifi/hardwired with Arris sb8200 modem along with TP Link Archer C9 router. Need an advice

Expert

For a test, what do you get with a computer connected directly to the 8200 cable modem (no router in the mix) ? You'll have to power-cycle the modem when you do so, and then again when you re-connect the router.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Yes..hardwired directly from the modem. I was orginally upgraded my service a week ago frm 250 1gb but in the span of 1 week never seen a speed more the 300mbps. I was using my own modem Netgear CM1000, tech came out said connection/signal are working fine..Bought this Arris yesterday hoping it might resolved my issue by just replacing my modem and still have the same result.. Out of frustration decided to cancel the 1gb service and changed it to 400 mbps and guess what, I'm still not getting the beyond 250 down via hardwired directly from my modem..At this point dont know what to do but schedule another tech to come out..

Please advise,

Expert

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. They will be able to check the speed provisioning of the modem. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I'll be waiting..Thank you!

Official Employee

p500, thanks for taking the time to let us know about your speed concerns! I am more than happy to take a look at your signal levels at the premise and your area to check for the issue so we can resolve. Please send me a private message with your full name for assistance. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I just sent you PM...Thanks

@ComcastKenF wrote:

p500, thanks for taking the time to let us know about your speed concerns! I am more than happy to take a look at your signal levels at the premise and your area to check for the issue so we can resolve. Please send me a private message with your full name for assistance. 

Ken

Official Employee

Got it, thanks! We'll catch up there. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.