Community Forum

Randomly Getting Disconnected from Online Games, Voice Calls

Highlighted
New Poster

Randomly Getting Disconnected from Online Games, Voice Calls

Hello all,

My family recently switched our modem/router after the last one was not working properly. So far, our internet has been much faster and better than the last one, yet I've encountered a very strange problem within the past 24 hours. When I'm playing League of Legends (online game), or I am in an online voice call using Discord, I will disconnect from the game/call randomly. If I leave the call/game and manually attempt to reconnect, it immediately works properly again, until it recurs. Basically, I have a perfectly acceptable ping and everything is functioning as intended, until I get thrown from the game/call at unpredictable intervals.

The device where this is occurring is a Mac Mini, connected over Wifi. As previously mentioned, I have not encountered any other problems besides this one, and my internet is consistently running at a high speed.

Does anyone know why this is happening or how I can prevent this from occurring? Thank you.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Randomly Getting Disconnected from Online Games, Voice Calls

I know its like a year later, but did you ever figure out the solution for this issue? I've been experiencing this issue for the past two days specifically with Discord, Streams, and LoL

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Randomly Getting Disconnected from Online Games, Voice Calls

.@Udoka

Please create your own new topic here on this board detailing your issue, thanks. Dead thread from last year now being closed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!