Community Forum

Randomly Disconnect every 1-2 hours - DNS Error

Regular Visitor

Randomly Disconnect every 1-2 hours - DNS Error

Hi forums,

I'm an Xfinity internet costumer started on June 2019 and using 60mbps download speed plan.

I have one desktop just randomly disconnect every 1-2hours. Sometime would less than 1 hour and I have to reset my desktop everytime.

I have 3 desktop, 1laptop, 2 smart phone, 2 video game console are connecting my internet but only my desktop had this problem.

My desktop usually use for gaming, Twitch stream, watching video and browsing Internet.

I tried to replace the network cable, the xfinity router, reinstall network driver and still got happen again.

I tried to reinstall windows so I don't think it is system problem.

And is it so weird is when my desktop was disconnected. I still can ping to google DNS (8.8.8.8) and can sent and received.

I tried to netsh int ip reset , netsh winsock reset, ipconfig/renew and still got problem.

I tried setting a static IP but it is not work.

Does anyone can discuss my issue, I'm wondering try to figure it out and fix it because it is very annoying for me when I use my desktop.

Please advance

Thank you so much

Official Employee

Re: Randomly Disconnect every 1-2 hours - DNS Error

Hello @Edmond4, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry that you're experiencing this connection issue and it's odd that it is only occurring on one of your computers. I would be more than happy to assist you with further troubleshooting this. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

@ComcastAmira 

Thank you for your reply and I just sent the private message to you.

Please check the message and if you need any information please let me know

Thanks!

Official Employee

@Edmond4, I have responded in our private message and I will await your response, thanks!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I have almost the same issue. Although for my it is on multiple devices.  Let me know how it gets resolved. 

Silver Problem Solver

All my devices lost connection and the symptom was the same "DNS error" this morning.  

I cleared up after Comcast completed maintenance in my area.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@demart wrote:

I have almost the same issue. Although for my it is on multiple devices.  Let me know how it gets resolved. 

FWIW, "DNS Error" messages typically are generic messages that are generated by a computer's Operating System when there is a general loss of connectivity to the internet, and are not a DNS problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

From my issue is I only have 1device(desktop) lost the connection every hour.(some time would be less than an hour)

It is very inconvenient for me because this desktop I usually using for gaming and live streaming.
And wired things it this is not fully lost connect. I still can live streaming if I started before lost connection,I can using discord voice chat
I tried I can play one matching on the game(rainbow 6)during the issue come.After the matching it will lost the connection.
I tried several browsers all of the cannot assess any websites.
Is like something blocking my desktop to access internet every hour but I didn’t do any config on my Xfinity router
I tried to reboot the router from myself it still got the problem
I messaged to Xfinity and they didn’t give me any feedback like three day...

Official Employee

@Edmond4, I truly apologize about the delay, I was off for the last 3 days. I have responded in our private message if you could please get back to me at your earliest convenience. Thanks!

Official Employee

Hello @demart, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this connection loss on multiple of your devices. I can absolutely assist you with this! I have responded to your private message if you could please get back to me at your earliest convenience. I appreciate it! 

Official Employee

@Edmond4, I did not hear back from you in our private message or on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please reach back out to me in a private message if you have any other questions related to the one device connection concern. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you choosing to have Comcast as your service provider.